Henkels Law has supported clients with legal, technical, grant writing and other services to enable increased energy efficiency measures, and to implement promising feasibility study and developing renewable energy resources.
Commercial solar example: 9.8 kW photovoltaic installed on a commercial agricultural facility (beekeeping) near Amity, OR
Consulting with Henkels Law LLC enabled the company to realize the following incentives in this project:
- Oregon State University Energy Conservation Audit
- Oregon Department of Energy & NW SEED (Sustainable Energy for Economic Development) Rural Renewables grant writing
- USDA grant under Renewable Energy for America Program
- Oregon Public Utility Commission Solar Pilot
- Federal Investment Tax Credit
Other examples include:
– Provide technical assistance to local government seeking feasibility study for community wind projects on the Oregon coast. Services include representing entity with wildlife and utility consultants, government entities, press, and advising entity on financing and other considerations.
– Represent through Cleantech Law Partners PC small business interests in energy regulatory proceedings including general rate case and Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act rates. See www.utilityadvocates.org.
– Represented and advised a commercial agriculture facility in Willamette Valley, Oregon with energy improvements including obtaining and carrying through with detailed Oregon State University energy conservation assessment.
– Advised and represented proprietor of large commercial building in Portland, Oregon metropolitan area re energy efficiency and renewable energy options, assessments, financing.
– Develop commercial agriculture solar pv project with federal and state incentives and assistance, including federal and state grant and incentive payments, interconnection agreement with utility, complying with insurance requirements, and representing facility owner with solar installers.
– Advising various persons in obtaining tax credits for resource efficiency measures taken in constructing or remodeling a home, purchasing a fuel efficient auto, transporting employees to work, and other tax benefits supplied by Oregon and federal law.
– Consult with microhydro-electricity production facilities regarding present and needs of obligations and future planning.
– Provide on-going consult to various commercial entities regarding regarding measuring carbon footprint and reducing energy use.